Thursday, June 30, 2016

Japan Trip June 2016 - Part 3 Tokyo

That Monday was a gloomy and rainy day in Tokyo. I had originally planned a full day of shopping all over Shibuya but it turned out to be more difficult than I thought. The rain was pouring down so by the time we got to the Mark City Mall, our shoes were already soaked. I brought a rain jacket for Miss Kiki from Jakarta but when we got downstairs we found that the hoodie had been detached and we weren't sure if we even brought it to Japan. We had umbrellas, but it only helped a bit. 

Anyhow, we had breakfast at a French Boulangerie in Mark City Mall. I can't remember what it was called, but their food was very good! Coffee, not so much. Well to be fair, it was a french cafe, not Italian ;)

Since it was still pouring after breakfast, we decided to walk around Mark City Mall. They have a supermarket/food market in the basement like most Japanese malls do, so we walked around and checked them out. There were many Japanese Omiyage you can buy. They were all very cute and beautifully packaged.

To avoid walking outside, I tried navigating our way around through the tunnels. It wasn't that great though, not too many things to see and Miss Kiki got bored and started chattering non stop, tiring me out. Lol.

Here's a wall art in one of the tunnels.

We reached Shibuya 109 Men, then Bic Camera. That was when we realized that we had left our passports behind and we weren't able to get the tax-free benefit. Well then we decided to head back to the apartment to get the passports. We got hungry on the way back so we stopped at one of the supermarkets/food market for lunch.

Since Oma didn't really eat that well for lunch, we stopped at L'Occitane Cafe right at Shibuya Crossing. We had wanted to try it out anyway, so it was a good chance. Located on the second and third floor, they had a nice view of the busy Shibuya Crossing. It was a rainy day so the crossing was not nearly as busy as usual. At the cafe we ordered a couple of teas and Ichigo no Tiramisu (Strawberry Tiramisu). It was yummy!

Finally, after a bit of rest and sweets at the cafe we headed back to the apartment to retrieve our passports.

 It was still drizzling when we headed back out but it was not too bad. I decided to head out to my favourite store in Tokyo: Tokyu Hands. This time we went to the Shibuya location, which was a little more than 1 km walk from the apartment. 

During this trip, I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would've liked. It was raining half of the time, and with having to navigate everywhere, it made it almost impossible to have the camera out most of the time. Next trip in September I will hog the camera and let the hubby navigate everywhere! Lol.

We stayed at Tokyu Hands until their closing time, and then we met up with someone from Winnipeg who happened to be in Japan at that time. What a coincidence! This beautiful girl is a med student on an exchange program observing in a hospital in Tokyo. We went to Yoshinoya for a quick dinner and parted ways. 

Stay tuned for the next part, the part that Miss Kiki had been waiting for: Tokyo Disney Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment