Skip to main content

Greece Summer 2025 - Part 8 Galaxidi and Delphi

 


Galaxidi. A tiny port town that smells like the sea with narrow alleys that test your driving skills. We stopped here for 2 nights because I decided that it made a good base for our day trip to Delphi. It wasn't peak season yet so even though there were many visitors in town, it wasn't super crowded. A lot of the visitors actually came by boat. There were several restaurants on the main road right by the water, and one of them turned out to be one of our favourite restaurants in Greece! The restaurant was called Skeletovrachos.
















From Galaxidi, we did a day-trip to Delphi where they have a famous ancient site. This would be our first ancient-site visit in Greece. I was pretty excited to see the site because Greece is very famous for their ancient sites. However, aside from the museum artifacts, there weren't a lot to see. The heat didn't help either. Not that I'm saying that it's not impressive, but after seeing the ancient sites in Egypt in 2018, the ones in Greece just seemed less impressive.

One thing to note is that the entrance ticket to the ancient sites are not cheap, especially for us coming from Southeast Asia. However, Miss Kiki was able to enter the  site for free because she was under 17.

















By the time we finished with the ancient site and museum, it was lunch time. We had lunch at a restaurant in Delphi called Taverna Vakhos. They had a patio with a view, and an extensive menu. We ordered food different from our usual Greek food menu, and they were all delicious!









After lunch, we had a bee and olive oil tour booked and that is for another post. Ciao!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nintendo Switch Sleeve Tutorial

Hi! I'm Kirana from woofkiki.blogspot.co.id . I am going to write an introduction for this blog post. We bought a Nintendo Switch in Japan.  I really liked it and played with it almost everyday. If you're wondering what a Nintendo Switch is, it is a video game where you can basically  "switch" everything. The joy-cons and even the game! You can also connect it to your TV. It would be nice to bring it around with you, but when you put it in your bag... Oh no! The screen scratched! So, this is a sleeve that will fix that. Let's get started!😊 Kirana Now the tutorial (by Kirana's mom)... 1. Make your pattern according to the picture below. It is basically a 6"x24" rectangle with a semi circle at one end. Note: this is not a printable pattern 1. Cut your outer fabric, lining, and batting(optional). In this tutorial, I used minky for lining and a pre-quilted fabric for the cover, so I didn't need extra batting. For batting, I recomm...

Where To Eat in Medan, North Sumatra

  If you talk to anyone about Medan, the number one thing that comes up is definitely the food. The distinguished Chinese-Medanese cuisine is known to Indonesians as exceptionally delicious. Just as famous is the Batak cuisine with its pork dishes and others. Now that we've been to Medan, these are our recommendations! Macehat Coffee Macehat is famous for their Avocado Coffee drink, but they also offer snacks and coffee beans. I've heard so many rave reviews for this coffee shop, but my final verdict is: it's ok, just so so.

Nasi Tumpeng - Yellow Rice Mountain Recipe

Last week, one of my friends posted a picture from her daughter's birthday with a "Nasi Tumpeng" in it. Traditionally, in Java and some other places in Indonesia, this mountain-shaped rice dish is served for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations. Below are some pictures of full blown Nasi Tumpeng platters. From satelitnews.co From bundatwinskitchen.files.wordpress.com From indochili.com Impressed yet? Well, the fore-mentioned friend offered me to come over to her place and learn how to make it so of course I gladly went! I am well aware of my cooking capability (and patience) so we made a much simpler (and smaller) version of it.  For the rice you need: 2 cups uncooked rice 1 cup coconut milk (you can put more or less depending on your preference) 1 stem lemongrass 2 bay leaves (dried or fresh) 2 lime leaves (dried or fresh) some turmeric (powder or fresh) water Here's the how to: ...