Skip to main content

Japan Spring 2024 - Part 4 Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway

 

I have known of the Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway for a while but there was always something else to see in Kobe and there was not enough time. This time, I made the time to go to check it out, especially because it was spring. We went with an old friend of mine from my university days, she is Japanese and lives near Kobe. It was so nice to see her again and to finally meet her two precious daughters. I regret not practicing my Japanese with the kids more haha but oh well, maybe next time.

To get to the Nunobiki Herb Garden, we first took the subway to Shin-Kobe station. Then we took the elevator up to the garden entrance. The ticket for a round-trip ropeway ride was 1.800 JPY but it has now increased to 2,000 JPY for an adult. Kids fare is half of that. And yes, they do take credit card.

After the ticket counter, we went and lined up for the ropeway to the top station. From there, we walked downward along the path towards the mid-station where we would take the ropeway back down to the bottom station.


On the ropeway


At the Nunobiki Herb Garden you can find a large variety of plants. From flowers to herbs and vegetables, they have them all sectioned and labeled. The top station has sections where you can smell different essential oils from many different plants. If you are keen, you can take workshops there too. My friend is an avid gardener so I got to learn a lot about the flowers and plants there.








They do have a lavender field at the garden but it was not in season. We did get to try their lavender soft ice cream though! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nintendo Switch Sleeve Tutorial

Hi! I'm Kirana from woofkiki.blogspot.co.id . I am going to write an introduction for this blog post. We bought a Nintendo Switch in Japan.  I really liked it and played with it almost everyday. If you're wondering what a Nintendo Switch is, it is a video game where you can basically  "switch" everything. The joy-cons and even the game! You can also connect it to your TV. It would be nice to bring it around with you, but when you put it in your bag... Oh no! The screen scratched! So, this is a sleeve that will fix that. Let's get started!😊 Kirana Now the tutorial (by Kirana's mom)... 1. Make your pattern according to the picture below. It is basically a 6"x24" rectangle with a semi circle at one end. Note: this is not a printable pattern 1. Cut your outer fabric, lining, and batting(optional). In this tutorial, I used minky for lining and a pre-quilted fabric for the cover, so I didn't need extra batting. For batting, I recomm

Labuan Bajo 2023 Part 3 - 3 Days 2 Nights Diving Trip With Chakana Liveaboard

  Photo credit: Lukas Rissing @thestudypacker A live-aboard experience is one of the highlights of Labuan Bajo. It has been on my bucket list for a while but every time I tried to go, something just didn't work out.... until now! The opportunity arose to join an impressive-looking boat this year and the dates matched Miss Kiki's holiday perfectly, how could I not take this rare chance! With less than a month to prepare, we booked plane tickets, accommodations, and whatever equipment we thought we might need. So off we flew to Labuan Bajo with little preparation and a lot of faith. ;) You can read the first and second parts of the trip in my previous posts. After we checked out of our hotel on the third day, we went to the pier and hopped on to a dinghy that took us to Chakana Liveaboard, a 47-meter-long phinisi-style yacht that was going to be our accommodation for the next two nights. My heart raced as we approached the pretty boat and spotted a group of staff excitedly wavi

World of Ghibli Exhibition Jakarta 2017

A few months back I received an email about World of Ghibli exhibition in Jakarta. My skeptical brain immediately thought, "Aah, how good could it be... I've visited the museum in Mitaka   and it's probably not going to be any better." Fast forward to August, a few of my Japan loving friends mentioned that rumours said that the displays are very good, made by Indonesians in cooperations with Ghibli representatives from Japan. In fact, so good that the Japanese company plans to take the displays and give them a home in Japan. Well hearing this from several different people definitely piqued my interest and I decided to check it out. It turned out that Miss Kiki and DH also wanted to go so I bought tickets from Traveloka  because they had a sale.  In the morning of our visit day, I asked Miss Kiki if she wanted to dress up as Kiki when she goes and she excitedly said yes. I made her a red bow headband with Cotton and Steel's Supreme Solid in Bandana  an