Skip to main content

Motykas in Asia 2018 Part 3 - Shanghai Disneyland

When we arrived back in Shanghai from Nanjing, we took a taxi from Shanghai Railway Station to our accommodation Campanile Shanghai Bund. It's a small boutique hotel, located about 600 m away from two different metro stations. The taxi driver was not as nice as the one we took in Nanjing earlier that morning, but oh well...

We checked in and rested a bit, and later on headed out for lunch/dinner at Tock's, a Canadian restaurant. I had wanted some Chinese food but the other two members of the group wanted sandwiches so off we went.




Tock's was cozy and easy to find, and was strategically located near Fuzhou Street that I had wanted to visit that afternoon to buy some art supplies. We had sandwiches and poutine.

Giant maple leaf we found on the street










After our meal I separated ways with DH and Miss Kiki. I went art supply shopping on Fuzhou Street while DH and Miss Kiki walked back to the hotel to meet up with the Motykas. They were scheduled to arrive that evening and we were supposed to meet at the hotel. I bought a few paints, brush, and paper at Fuzhou Street and it got cold and dark. My phone died and I didn't have my charger with me... I walked towards what I thought was the hotel area. Luckily I stared at Shanghai map area enough during planning that I was able to find my way back by re-imagining the map! Phew!


After the Motykas arrived we met up with our friend from Winnipeg who currently works in Shanghai. We walked towards the metro station and decided to eat at a hotpot restaurant. I'm glad that we tried that hotpot restaurant because I wasn't able to try the Haidilao hotpot during our visit. Miss Kiki got to use a little bit of mandarin while ordering... but most of the time she was too shy.


The following morning, DH split up with the rest of us. He followed the itinerary I had created and went to Zhujiajiao Watertown. I will have a separate post for that. Meanwhile, the Motykas and Miss Kiki and I decided that we wanted to visit Shanghai Disneyland. We purchased our Disneyland tickets the night before on Klook. They have discounts on popular attractions everywhere.




We had breakfast at the hotel and then walked to the metro station. 







At the metro station, we each bought a Shanghai Public Transport Card. We paid RMB 50 for each card that had RMB 30 credit in it with a refundable RMB 20 deposit. I would recommend getting this card if you plan to travel with metro because it is very convenient to use and I believe you get a discount for each trip.



DH took the Olympus and I only had my phone with me. My old iPhone battery was not doing so well to begin with, and I think the cold made it worse. I used it for navigation that morning and by the time we entered Disneyland, it died. I brought my battery pack though, so I plugged it in and kept it in my backpack. Sadly, I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures because of that...





The sun shone so bright that day and it was a clear blue sky. Now anyone who'd lived in Canada (or any other 4-season countries) would know what that means in the winter..... EXTRA COLD DAY! Shanghai's temperature in December doesn't actually deviate far from zero degree Celsius, but somehow the wind is freeeeezing!







First we went to ride Soaring Over the Horizon which was very cool, and then we were going to go to Pirates of the Caribbean Battle of the Sunken Treasure  but Miss Kiki refused... Thus, we went to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train instead. It was a fun roller coaster ride. The weather was so cold we decided to sit and warm up with some snack and drinks after that ride...






We didn't want to waste time, so after we warmed up we went to TRON Lightcycle Power Run, a super thrilling ride that we screamed all the way around on. Miss Kiki went on it too, I was very impressed! She has gone a long way from our visit to Canada's Wonderland last June.






The Winnipeger felt cold in Shanghai :D












When we got out of Tron it was almost sunset and we were able to see the castle in the distance with orange hues...










I decided to offer Miss Kiki a hood blanket as a souvenir and she chose a Winnie the Pooh blanket.






After riding TRON, Miss Kiki changed her mind about the Pirates of the Caribbean ride so we went on it. It worked out really well actually, because at that time there were no queue! We finished our adventures with a visit to Alice's Maze and then a quick peek at the castle...






It was finally time to head out!








We took the Metro to People's Square Station at the basement of Raffles City and we had dinner there. It was a Japanese restaurant that served ramens and donburis and pastas. It was just okay, nothing special...






After dinner we walked back to the hotel to rest, we had another adventure that awaited us the following day!


Please stay tuned for the next post of pictures from Zhujiajiao!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nintendo Switch Sleeve Tutorial

Hi! I'm Kirana from woofkiki.blogspot.co.id . I am going to write an introduction for this blog post. We bought a Nintendo Switch in Japan.  I really liked it and played with it almost everyday. If you're wondering what a Nintendo Switch is, it is a video game where you can basically  "switch" everything. The joy-cons and even the game! You can also connect it to your TV. It would be nice to bring it around with you, but when you put it in your bag... Oh no! The screen scratched! So, this is a sleeve that will fix that. Let's get started!😊 Kirana Now the tutorial (by Kirana's mom)... 1. Make your pattern according to the picture below. It is basically a 6"x24" rectangle with a semi circle at one end. Note: this is not a printable pattern 1. Cut your outer fabric, lining, and batting(optional). In this tutorial, I used minky for lining and a pre-quilted fabric for the cover, so I didn't need extra batting. For batting, I recomm

Labuan Bajo 2023 Part 3 - 3 Days 2 Nights Diving Trip With Chakana Liveaboard

  Photo credit: Lukas Rissing @thestudypacker A live-aboard experience is one of the highlights of Labuan Bajo. It has been on my bucket list for a while but every time I tried to go, something just didn't work out.... until now! The opportunity arose to join an impressive-looking boat this year and the dates matched Miss Kiki's holiday perfectly, how could I not take this rare chance! With less than a month to prepare, we booked plane tickets, accommodations, and whatever equipment we thought we might need. So off we flew to Labuan Bajo with little preparation and a lot of faith. ;) You can read the first and second parts of the trip in my previous posts. After we checked out of our hotel on the third day, we went to the pier and hopped on to a dinghy that took us to Chakana Liveaboard, a 47-meter-long phinisi-style yacht that was going to be our accommodation for the next two nights. My heart raced as we approached the pretty boat and spotted a group of staff excitedly wavi

Labuan Bajo 2023 Part 2 - Leisure Day Trip

I booked a leisure day trip for our second day in Labuan Bajo via Traveloka . When I say leisure, I meant a non-diving trip. We have a live onboard trip booked for the 3rd to the 5th day but that one is a diving trip covering different places and adventures so we tried to cram the other must-visits of Komodo National Park in one day. For breakfast that morning, we had breakfast boxes that the resort had prepared for us by order. The tour was operated by East Cruise Komodo and it was an open trip consisting of thirty-something people. East Cruise Komodo picked us up at Sudamala Resort where we stayed at 5:30 am and brought us to the harbour. The re-registration process at the harbour took about half an hour and after we were assigned a boat, we boarded. On the boat, our tour leader collected what was supposed to be the entrance fee for the National Komodo Park. It was IDR 150k per person for locals and IDR 300k per person for foreigners. We never saw the tickets but later on, we foun